Call for Science Projects - Terms & Conditions
Who can participate?
- Submissions are open to all scientists, science journalists, creators and media professionals looking to develop their science project ideas into limited factual series, documentary one-offs and interactive, immersive experiences.
- The factual projects, scientific ideas or innovations must be in early development/research stage, already in production or in early post-production.
- All scientific topics, research areas and disciplines are accepted.
- We accept submissions from all countries, and all applications should be made in English. Please note that all sessions will be conducted in English.
- By the time of application, the applicants must be no less than 18 years old.
- The main criteria for selection are the strength and originality of the project, research idea or concept; its feasibility and innovative potential; its potential for interdisciplinary collaboration between science and creative world; as well as a global outreach and broad market appeal and relevance.
- Submissions will be reviewed by an international science & media selection committee, therefore the participant agrees that their project submission is reviewed by experts of the selection committee. All decisions made by the selection committee are final and there is no right of appeal.
- SILBERSALZ Festival has access to all application documents of each applicant and may contact applicants for networking purposes. There is no legal right to participation. Application materials will be archived. Personal data must not be disclosed to unauthorized other parties.
- Applicants will be informed of the success of their application following the respective application deadline. Participation is obligatory for all selected participants. Should a candidate, for legitimate cause, not be able to participate in the SILBERSALZ Science & Media Forum, they must inform SILBERSALZ Festival in a timely manner – at least 3 weeks before the event.
- The candidate certifies to have the ownership of the rights on their project, including: the right to present the project and any of its parts (including video in any form) to the public, and the right to publish information on the project and any of its parts in any form. The candidate acknowledges that SILBERSALZ Festival is not liable for any claims or expenses asked from any third party regarding rights matter. By submitting the project, the project’s rights holder grants SILBERSALZ Festival the right to publish - within the scope of the Science & Media Forum - basic information about the project, its headline picture and/or its video presentation.
- The candidate consents to receiving emails related to SILBERSALZ Festival, with the option of unsubscribing through written response.
- Selected candidates agree to give a 4-minutes pitch in English, either at the central forum or at a roundtable setting.
- The pitch must be done either in person, or digitally at the Science & Media Forum, under current travel regulations related to the Covid-19.
- The pitch shall not include indecent or unlawful content and must be in compliance with law. SILBERSALZ Festival cannot assist with this process or act as a consultant.
- By applying, the candidate consents to the publication of any photos or video footage taken during the Science & Media Forum event. This consent is extended to partners of the SILBERSALZ Festival. Denial of consent must be given in written notice 3 weeks prior to the event.
- At the event, SILBERSALZ Festival assumes liability pursuant to statutory conditions. Arrival and departure are excluded from the event. No further liability shall exist. Liability is assumed by the participant in cases of damage to property or personal injury caused by the participant. Travel to Halle (Saale) is the responsibility of the participant; the event organizer is not liable for any resulting injury or damage.
By applying to the SILBERSALZ Festival Science & Media Forum, I confirm that I read, understood and accept the above listed terms and conditions.