Call for Science Projects 2021!
The SILBERSALZ Science and Media Pitch is a matchmaking platform for scientists and media professionals interested in the communication of science to a global public audience. We invite you to present and discuss your latest science/research project with interested media professionals and science institutions. The aim is to ignite new collaboration between scientists and filmmakers and to boost creative documentary and interactive experiences with a scientific focus.
- We are interested in contemporary global stories about discoveries and innovations across all technological and scientific disciplines that have an impact on society.
- Up to ten projects will be selected. The pitching teams will present and discuss their latest research / films in development in a 5min-pitch and receive feedback from tv executives, media experts and science institutions.
- The SILBERSALZ Science & Media Pitch takes place on 17 - 18 September 2021 at the Leopoldina - German National Academy of Sciences. In case a physical event won’t be possible, we will develop an online format.
The programme is part of the SILBERSALZ Science & Media Conference (17 – 18 September 2021) which facilitates discourse and cooperation among the global avant-garde of researchers, decision-makers, entrepreneurs, media artists and emerging talents, interested in science communication to the public.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Factual projects, scientific ideas and innovations that are in advanced development/research stage, already in production or in early post-production.
- All scientific topics, research areas and disciplines are accepted.
- We accept submissions from all countries, and all applications should be made in English.
Applications will close on 31 May 2021 (12:00 CEST).
WHO CAN APPLY?
Submissions are open to all scientists, science journalists and media professionals (producers, filmmakers, distributors) looking to develop their science project ideas into factual series, documentary one-offs, and interactive, immersive experiences.
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA?
The submissions will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- The strength and originality of the idea
- The feasibility and innovative potential of the project, research idea or concept
- Potential for interdisciplinary collaboration between science and creative world
- Global outreach, broad market appeal and relevance
Submissions will be reviewed by an international science & media jury, and the most innovative and impactful stories will be selected to join the SILBERSALZ Pitch in Halle (Saale).
WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF IT?
If your project is selected, you will benefit from:
- A free accreditation to the SILBERSALZ Conference
- Access to the SILBERSALZ community of international science, media and outreach professionals
- Feedback, further discussion & expertise for your project following the pitch
- Increased visibility for your work through our international network
- Becoming part of a sustainable community dedicated to advancing the dialogue between science and media.
WHAT TO SUBMIT?
- All submissions must be made in English.
- Short project description (1000 characters spaces included)
- Visual Material:
- For projects from media professionals: a trailer is mandatory. Please include your link to the trailer in the application form (up to 2min long and in EN or with EN subtitles);
- For projects from scientists: In case you have no recorded material, please send us slides with photos to get an impression.
- a project photo in color (300dpi)
- 1 PDF file (max. 2 pages and 500MB) including: treatment / scientific concept; short biographies of the applicant's team (author/director/producer or scientist) and company/institution (if applicable)
- Briefly state your goal at SILBERSALZ – what would you like to achieve, take away with you
- Additional information you consider useful in order to help the jury assess your project.
IMPORTANT: By submitting your project, you consent to our terms and conditions and you are fully aware of the fact that you will have to cover your own travel, subsistence and accommodation during your stay in Halle (Saale).
HOW TO SUBMIT?
To apply for the SILBERSALZ Science & Media Pitch 2021, please fill out the Application Form and make sure to send all requested submission materials by 31 May 2021 (12 CEST) to email@example.com
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org