Call for Science Projects!
The SILBERSALZ Science and Media Pitch taking place on Sunday, 18 October, is a platform for international scientists and media professionals to present their latest science/research projects. The pitching forum is currently open to submissions from scientists, science journalists and media professionals looking to develop their science projects and concepts into specialist factual content and interactive experiences.
The deadline for submissions is: 14 August 2020.
At the SILBERSALZ Science and Media Pitch, the selected projects will receive crucial feedback from an international audience of funders, media experts and science institutions and may find their future partners in the field of science or the media industry.
Applications will close on 14 August 2020 (12:00 CEST).
More information on the SILBERSALZ Conference preceeding the Science & Media Pitch on 17 October as a hybrid event at the Leopoldina – National Academy of Sciences, in Halle (Saale), Germany - and online, is availabale here: SILBERSALZ Conference.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Submissions are open to all scientists, science journalists and media professionals (producers, filmmakers, distributors) looking to develop their science project ideas into factual series, documentary one-offs, and interactive, immersive experiences.
All scientific topics, research areas and disciplines are accepted.
We accept submissions from all countries, and all applications should be made in English.
Please note that all sessions will be conducted in English.
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA?
We are looking for factual projects, scientific ideas and innovations that are in advanced development/research stage, already in production or in early post-production.
The submissions will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- The strength and originality of the idea
- The feasibility and innovative potential of the project, research idea or concept
- Potential for interdisciplinary collaboration between science and creative world
- Global outreach, broad market appeal and relevance
Submissions will be reviewed by an international science & media jury, and the most innovative and impactful stories will be selected to join the SILBERSALZ Pitch in Halle (Saale).
WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF IT?
If your project is selected, you will benefit from:
- A free accreditation to the SILBERSALZ Conference
- Access to the SILBERSALZ community of international science, media and outreach professionals
- Feedback, further discussion & expertise for your project following the pitch
- Increased visibility for your work through our international network
- Becoming part of a sustainable community dedicated to advancing the dialogue between science and media.
WHAT TO SUBMIT?
- All submissions must be made in English.
- Short project description (1000 characters spaces included)
- Visual Material:
- For projects from media professionals: a trailer is mandatory. Please include your link to the trailer in the application form (up to 2min long and in EN or with EN subtitles);
- For projects from scientists: In case you have no recorded material, please send us slides with photos to get an impression.
- a project photo in color (300dpi)
- 1 PDF file (max. 2 pages and 500MB) including: treatment / scientific concept; short biographies of the applicant's team (author/director/producer or scientist) and company/institution (if applicable)
- Briefly state your goal at SILBERSALZ – what would you like to achieve, take away with you
- Additional information you consider useful in order to help the jury assess your project.
IMPORTANT: By submitting your project, you consent to our terms and conditions and you are fully aware of the fact that you will have to cover your own travel, subsistence and accommodation during your stay in Halle (Saale).
HOW TO SUBMIT?
To apply for the SILBERSALZ Science & Media Pitch 2020, please fill out the Application Form and make sure to send all requested submission materials by 14 August 2020 (12 CEST) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch with us at email@example.com