Call for Science Projects 2022!
The SILBERSALZ Science and Media Forum is a matchmaking platform for scientists, science journalists and media professionals working at the intersection of science, research, technology and society and interested in the communication of science to a global audience.
Designed as an exclusive space for interdisciplinary exchange and fundraising, the Forum aims to ignite new collaborations between scientists, science journalists and media creators to boost the production of creative factual formats, documentaries, and immersive experiences stemming from scientific research and innovation, on all media platforms.
The SILBERSALZ Science & Media Forum will take place on 17 - 18 June 2022 at the Leopoldina - German National Academy of Sciences, in an hybrid form.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
★ Factual media projects, scientific research and innovations that are in the advanced development/research stage, already in mid-production stage.
★ The call is open to early & mid-career scientists, science journalists and media creators interested in interdisciplinary collaboration and looking to develop their ideas, research and innovations into different media formats.
★ The media projects could include feature length documentary films, long/short episodic series, social media formats, immersive/interactive experiences (XR), games, podcasts or beyond.
★ All scientific topics, research areas and disciplines are accepted. We are looking for contemporary global stories about discoveries and innovations across all technological and scientific disciplines, aiming to encourage scientific and geopolitical debate. (i.e. stories/research on the future scenarios, future technologies, transformative solutions, tackling sustainable development goals, future of food, education and health, research on environment, science of adaptation to climate change, biodiversity, conservation efforts...)
★ Submissions from all countries are welcomed, all applications should be made in English.
★ Selected projects will be presented and receive feedback from an interdisciplinary panel of experts composed of creatives, media executives, science institutions, foundations and NGOs.
New extended deadline: Applications close on 06 April 2022 (12:00 CEST).
WHO CAN APPLY?
Submissions are open to all scientists, science journalists and media professionals (authors, filmmakers, producers, distributors and creative technologists) looking to develop their ideas into media formats or looking to gap their financing.
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA?
The submissions will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- The strength and originality of the idea
- The feasibility and innovative potential of the project, research idea or concept
- Potential for interdisciplinary collaboration between science and creative world
- Global outreach, broad market appeal and relevance
WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF IT?
If your project is selected, you will benefit from:
- A free accreditation to the SILBERSALZ Science & Media Forum
- Access to the SILBERSALZ community of international science, media and outreach professionals
- Feedback on the spot from media executives and creatives from the factual scene, broadcasters, sales agents and distribution, science institutions, foundations, NGOs…
- Increased visibility for your work through our international network
- Becoming part of a sustainable community dedicated to advancing the dialogue between science and media.
Submissions will be reviewed by an international science & media jury, and the most innovative and impactful stories will be selected to join the SILBERSALZ Science & Media Forum in Halle (Saale).
WHAT TO SUBMIT?
All submissions must be made in English.
- Short project description (1000 characters spaces included)
- Visual Material:
- For projects from media professionals: a trailer is mandatory. Please include your link to the trailer in the application form (up to 2min long and in EN or with EN subtitles);
- For projects from scientists: In case you have no recorded material, please send us slides with photos to get an impression.
- a project photo in color (300dpi)
- 1 PDF file (max. 2 pages and 500MB) including: treatment / scientific concept; short biographies of the applicant's team (author/director/producer or scientist) and company/institution (if applicable)
- Briefly state your goal at SILBERSALZ – what would you like to achieve, take away with you
- Additional information you consider useful in order to help the jury assess your project.
IMPORTANT: By submitting your project, you consent to our terms and conditions and you are fully aware of the fact that you will have to cover your own travel, subsistence and accommodation during your stay in Halle (Saale).
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Factual projects, scientific ideas and innovations that are in advanced development/research stage, already in production or in early post-production.
- All scientific topics, research areas and disciplines are accepted.
- We accept submissions from all countries, and all applications should be made in English.
HOW TO SUBMIT?
To apply for the SILBERSALZ Science & Media Forum 2022, please fill out the Application Form and make sure to send all requested submission materials by 06 April 2022 (12 CEST) to email@example.com
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org