Film submission now open
The SILBERSALZ Public Screening Program showcases an international selection of films dealing with a range of scientific disciplines, aiming to provide the audience with a glimpse of the future, latest advancements and discoveries, also tackling contemporary social issues, the impact of science on society, and its quest to search for global solutions.
All screenings are followed by talks with leading experts providing in-depth understanding of the subject and its scientific relevance. Hence, they bring the public in direct conversation with thinkers, scientists and researchers together, providing a neutral ground to engage with future ideas, opening new perspectives and interact with science in a lively manner.
- The call is open to films representing all scientific disciplines, research areas or concepts, tackling issues across all subgenres (science, natural history, history, geopolitics, investigative journalism, impact stories…) Particular attention will be given to films tackling current debates on nature, biodiversity, sustainability and global change - from present to future, across natural and social sciences.
- Documentaries, fiction films and animated features, one-offs or limited factual series (26´-52´or feature-length) made for television, digital platforms or theatrical release.
- Submitted films/series must be produced after 1st of January, 2018 and before 1st of April, 2020.
- All films containing dialogue must be submitted in a German version, or in their original version subtitled in English or German.
- The deadline for submission is 1st of March, 2020. Candidates will be informed of the selection results via email at the end of May 2020 at the latest.
- The films would be selected based on their scientific storytelling, contemporary relevance, originality and their ability to travel internationally across cultures and disciplines.
- All films selected for the program would be screened during the festival for the general public and/or school cinema. All the screenings are free of charge.
- All entrants give to the festival the right, in perpetuity, to use extracts from selected films in advertising, promotion and screenings for the festival on (inter)national television, radio, cinema, on our website and social networks.
- No entry fee would be asked for submission.
- The standard format for selection is a digital file or private Vimeo link. Standard screening material asked for the films during the festival, are DCP or digital (HD) file. DCP screening copies should be available as non-encrypted DCP for all servers from June 10th - June 28th.
- Please include available publicity material with the submission, especially stills and posters and a digital trailer or teaser.
- The candidate certifies to have the ownership of the rights on the submitted film, including the right to present the film and any of its parts to the public, and the right to publish information on the film and any of its parts in any form. The candidate acknowledges that SILBERSALZ Festival is not liable for any claims or expenses asked from any third party regarding rights matter.
Films can be submitted via @FilmFreeway
For more information or questions, please get in touch with Irem Couchouron at firstname.lastname@example.org