We're hiring: Manager (m/f/d)/for "Passage 13" // youth club for science education in Halle-Neustadt
At " Passage 13", the 300 square meter shopping arcade in Halle-Neustadt, our year-round youth work offers young people exciting activities and access to research and science. To achieve this, the youth team works closely with universities, social and youth institutions in Halle-Neustadt and schools.
The aim of our youth work is to encourage young people to develop into independent and self-determined individuals, in which access to research and science plays an important role in shaping their own future.
As of 01.08.2020 we are looking for a manager (m/f/d) for initially one year full-time for the coordination and management of Passage 13.
- The organisation and coordination of Passage 13 as an innovative youth centre for science education in Halle-Neustadt
- The planning and possible own implementation of adequate leisure and educational offers for the target and age group in close coordination and cooperation with regional initiatives and organisations
- Implementation and further development of the concept of science communication in everyday pedagogical life as well as within the framework of the festival, which lasts several days, as a "showcase" for youth work
- Instructing various teamers and FSJ members within the framework of the individual offers and youth groups
- The implementation of networking work, such as university, school and district oriented offers and cooperation
- The ability to work independently and on your own responsibility
- Assertiveness and clear appearance
- leadership experience in youth work or a comparable organisational area, proven experience in project management
- Interest, at best experience, in the methodology of science communication and science teaching
- Competencies in event management and public relations
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Flexibility and the ability to break away from familiar structures of thought and action and to adapt to new conditions
- Knowledge of Halle-Neustadt as a district and social quarter
- Additional qualifications in the pedagogical field
- Foreign language skills in English and Arabic
- Opportunity to shape, grow and develop a social project in a creative working environment
- Working closely with the team of one of the biggest international festivals for science&media
- Opportunities for professional development in the field of science communication and science engagement
Interested? Then get in touch with Ilka Bickmann, Head of Youth SILVER SALT FESTIVAL, until 15.05.2020 at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 0345-582 18 429.
Become part of the SILBERSALZ-Team, we are looking forward to you!